* DRESS TO IMPRESS. Still haven't picked a prom dress? Don't panic. Choose a style that enhances your assets and downplays any liabilities. Column gowns with fishtail, asymmetrical or handkerchief hemlines shout glamour. Cinderella-style ball dresses reveal your inner princess and conceal froggy flaws. Two-piece gowns are godsends if your top and bottom live at opposite ends of the size chart.
* THINK PINK. Pink is the hot color of the season, but if this hue just doesn't suit you, try a close cousin like coral, rose or fuchsia.
* BLING, BLING! Beads, sequins and bangles are popping on gowns everywhere this spring. But if you only want a hint of sparkle, pair a plain dress with a glitzy bag, shoes and jewelry.
* WRAP IT. Concerned with skin exposure? A stylish wrap, long evening gloves, tailored overcoat or cropped jacket adds drama and covers problem spots.
* PUT ON A GREAT FACE. Don't be scared to experiment with makeup, but beware of the circus-clown syndrome! Less is definitely more. A hint of sparkle on the lips and eyes, mascara, a touch of blush and foundation to even skin tone gives you a flawless look. If you're clueless about makeup, have a professional artist show you how to apply it, then practice at home.
* CREATE A CHIC EMERGENCY KIT. Handle any prom-night crisis in style by keeping an emergency kit handy. Find a cute little gift bag that coordinates with your outfit and stuff it with an extra pair of panty hose, clear nail polish for runs, needle and thread, safety pins, aspirin, sanitary napkins, gum or breath mints.
* BE THRIFTY. If you're on a tight budget, one advantage of waiting until zero hour to shop is that stores mark down promwear. And don't discount consignment shops and thrift stores, which can offer great prom fashions at half the price.